21 12 / 2012
A very simple interface for the Github API
- do as little as possible while providing much of what you need
what it does
- handle authentication details
- profile a fluent builder interface for composing requests
what it does not
- make any assuptions about how you want to handle responses
- parse responses
- profile response modeling
try it out
libraryDependencies += "me.lessis" %% "hubcat" % "0.1.0"
For more info see the readme
20 12 / 2012
This version is mostly a migration to Scala 2.10.0
With one improvement:
- removed the unnecessary newline between specification names when running with
And 2 fixes:
- fixed issue 120: matchers evaluation with
- fixed the creation of steps when the action throws an exception
specs2 is a library for writing software specifications in Scala.
For more information visit: http://specs2.org.
16 12 / 2012
Promised value contention
An issue was raised on the mailing list involving highly
concurrent use of Dispatch. Listeners added to the underlying future
are handled by thread-pool executor, which executes each listener in
its own thread. Many of these threads were observed to be waiting on
the assignment of the same
lazy val result, severely affecting
performance in these conditions.
In this release Dispatch cuts the number of listeners added to its underlying future, reducing contention and improving performance.
Retry handler type variance
Contra-variance is added to type
that inferred subtypes of
Promise may also be passed to retry
In other words, more stuff that you want to compile will now compile.
Dispatch is a library for asynchrous HTTP interaction in Scala.
16 12 / 2012
Forwards-compatibility with Dispatch 0.9+ (reboot)
This release changes the base package of the 0.8 line from
dispatch.classic, so that Dispatch 0.8.9 and Dispatch
0.9.x may be used on the same classpath.
This will require code changes in any project using Dispatch 0.8.
Typically, it will require changes to imports and any fully qualified
- Integration with the Foursquare API contributed by adamdecaf
- Ability to use a byte-array to define a multipart-post body, contributed by steppenwells
- Support for OPTIONS requests, contributed by stephenjudkins
- Ability to specify content-type with
<<<, contributed by telmomenezes
Dispatch is a library for HTTP interaction, from asynchronous GETs to multi-part OAuth-enticated POSTs.
16 12 / 2012
GZipSupport, contributed by @Marza
TypedParamSupportinto core making the
params.getAs[Int]methods available everywhere
- fix reading json from post without the right header
JValueResultby default in the
- Updates slf4j-api to 1.7.2
- Renames databinding to commands. this resolves the confusion created by the name databinding.
- Updates akka to 2.0.4
- Updates atmosphere to 1.0.6
- Fixes atmosphere long-polling etc. A big thanks to @jfarcand
ScalatraBroadcasterFactory#lookupto return null when nothing is found instead of throwing an exception
- Make swagger optionally support authentication
- Optionally integrate commands into swagger support to generate model and parameter definitions.
- Deprecate scalatra-specs in anticipation of Scala 2.10 support.
11 12 / 2012
- Built for the Scala 2.10.0 series only (2.10.0-RC1 and -RC3, initially).
scalacoptions, and removed all feature warnings.
- Upgraded build to SBT 0.12.
This version, and later versions, are 2.10-only. 2.9.x and earlier will be
supported via the
pre-scala-2.10 GitHub branch. This is due to changes
in the Scala library between 2.9 and 2.10.
- single-value and multi-value options
- single-value and multi-value parameters
- flag and non-flag options
- GNU-style long options, (i.e., “—option”)
- POSIX-style short options, (i.e., single “-” lead-in), with option
grouping (e.g., “
tar -xcf foo.tgz”)
- automatic parameter conversion (i.e., values with non-string types, with automatic conversion)
- the ability to supply your own conversion functions
You can find complete details, including usage information, on the Argot home page.
Permalink 3 notes
09 12 / 2012
Fixes a regression in 0.5.2 involving private github repositories. With this release giter8 will again fallback to ssh if its attempt to access a repository with the git protocol fails.
giter8 is a command line tool to apply templates defined in any git repository
07 12 / 2012
Changes since 1.1.0:
- Add scala-reflect.jar into Scala IDEA library for Scala 2.10.x
- Populate additional compiler options from scalacOptions (pull 170 by sythe21)
- Set deprecation and unchecked scalac options (issue 120, pull 163 and pull 174 by jozic)
- Enable type-aware highlighting by default (pull 173 by jozic)
no-sbt-build-modulecommand line argument to disable generation of IDEA module for sbt build definition (issue 180)
- Use project name as IDEA module name for single-module projects (issue 180)
- Add ‘runtime’ scope support to unmanagedClasspath (issue 181)
- Remove absolute paths (issue 135, pull 185 by jozic)
- Make scala facet optional with
idea-include-scala-facetcommand line arg (pull 184 by jroper)
- Allow test dependency versions to override runtime dependencies (pull 183 by jroper)
- Fix ‘test’ scoped transitive dependency to not override explicitly declared ‘provided’ scope (issue 186)
NOTE: Because of the library naming change in #183, it is recommended to quit IDEA and delete all files in
<project_root>/.idea/libraries/ before running ‘gen-idea’ with 1.2.0 version of the plugin.
TIP: You can use sbt aliases for setting default command line arguments. For example to not generate sbt build module by default, add this to
alias gen-idea=gen-idea no-sbt-build-module
or to get sbt sources by default, add this:
alias gen-idea=gen-idea sbt-classifiers
Many thanks to all contributors!
Permalink 1 note
06 12 / 2012
ScalikeJDBC 1.4.1 has been released.
This version includes a bug fix and some improvement in core-library.
Also dbconsole is newly added.
libraryDependencies += "com.github.seratch" %% "scalikejdbc" % "[1.4,)"
- ConnectionPoolContext doesn’t work with AutoSession (GH-51)
- Added new APIs to retrieve meta data
- Added #as[A], #asList[A] and #asOption[A] to StringSQLRunner
libraryDependencies ++= Seq( "com.github.seratch" %% "scalikejdbc" % "[1.4,)" "com.github.seratch" %% "scalikejdbc-interpolation" % "[1.4,)" )
No changes. Released for Scala 2.10.0-RC1/2/3.
addSbtPlugin("com.github.seratch" %% "scalikejdbc-mapper-generator" % "[1.4,)")
val appDependencies = Seq( "com.github.seratch" %% "scalikejdbc" % "[1.4,)", "com.github.seratch" %% "scalikejdbc-play-plugin" % "[1.4,)" )
No changes. Released for Play 2.0.4 and 2.1-RC1.
Newly released. Try it now!
curl -L http://git.io/dbconsole | sh
ScalikeJDBC is a tidy SQL-based DB access library for Scala.
Permalink 2 notes
04 12 / 2012
A minor release of shapeless. The main changes include,
- Iso is a generalization of the previous HListIso and can now represent an isomorphism between arbitrary types.
- The generic Zipper is applicable to any type with a published Iso with an HList, and now has up and down traversals.
- HList Prepend and ReversePrepend now have special handling for the HNil case, allowing them to be applied without implicit witnesses which can be useful in some scenarios (thanks to @sirthias).
- Added apply factory methods to the HList companion object allowing HLists to be created using Scala collections conventions.
Several new type classes witnessing properties of, or relations between, HList types,
- The Mapped type class which witnesses that the result of wrapping each element of an HList with a given type constructor.
- The Comapped type class which witnesses that the result of stripping a given type constructor off element of an HList.
- The NatTRel type class which witnesses that a natural transformation exists between two HLists.
- The LubConstraint type class which witnesses that every element of an HList is a subtype of a given type.
- Added compose and andThen to Poly1.
- Div and Mod added for type level Nats (thanks to @tixxit).
Several new examples and proofs of concept,
Some organizational and build improvements,
- Scala 2.9.x support is now continuted on the scala-2.9.x branch.
- The Locally modified copy of paulp/sbt-extras is now redundant so has been removed.